In conflict-affected, fragile, and transitional situations, development practitioners face stubborn delivery challenges – obstacles that impede implementation of policies, projects, and programs. Tackling these delivery challenges is crucial to successfully deliver services to those who need them, particularly as the global fragility landscape becomes increasingly complex and the percentage of the world’s extreme poor living in these situations increases. In recognition of these important issues, this year GDI's Annual Conference focuses on service delivery in fragile, conflict-affected, and transitional environments. This two-day conference will take place in Tunis, Tunisia, on November 5-6, 2019. It is co-hosted by GDI and the Tunisian Ministry of Development, Investment and International Cooperation. At the forum, participants will:
- Develop a shared understanding of the prevalent delivery challenges - obstacles to effective implementation – that hinder service delivery in fragile, conflict-affected, and transitional contexts;
- Share what is working, what isn’t, and why based on efforts to overcome these common delivery challenges;
- Surface practical, agile tools to track and improve implementation of service delivery in FCA and transitional contexts;
- Share innovations that have potential for scale up to improve service delivery outcomes in FCA and transitional contexts in key sectors from health and education to social protection and water; and
- Learn from inspirational leaders in government, the private sector, and civil society.
See attached concept note for more details.
Please complete the online registration form through this link. Registration is free of charge. Please note that you or your institution are responsible for covering all travel costs, including airfare and accommodations, as well as other related expenses (visa fees, local travel, health and travel insurance, etc). GDI has booked a block of rooms for the Event at the Sheraton Hotel at a discounted rate; to avail this rate, please book your room through this link before October 31, 2019.
It will be your responsibility to ensure that you obtain necessary travel visas. In your registration for the Event, please indicate whether you need an invitation letter for visa purposes.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the GDI team:
We look forward to your participation and welcoming you in Tunis.